Viewsat 9000HD on ebay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
One of those sites lists specs for an "8000HD" saying 'tentative specs' and it does say
Hardware based blind-scan.
Not sure I'd want to spend 600 to find out for sure, doesnt say whether they're actually in
the USA yet-something about clearing customs 8-31 but are arriving early.
Has all the features the other market demands, 8000 channels, EPG , USB 'upgrade'

I'm seeing it now on a few sites. Many have it for less than $500, lowest I saw was $449 shipped. A few more ebayers now too.

Either way, still too expensive for me, I still have my $20 ultra that is sitting on the shelf. (plus I'm still holding out for the passion)

That new Passion does look awfully tempting. I wouldn't bet against a $300-$500 pricetag, though.
I am willing to bet that it will be a long time before any of those HD boxes
drop below the $300-$500 price range. (especially if they do MPEG4)
grusome

I just bought a Coolsat 8000 on Ebay for $334. delivered, really don't know if that is a good or bad price. I made an offer of $321. and was countered with the $334.

Just a new toy.

On my part, if it has blindscan and support for 4:2:2 I will buy the Viewsat or the Fortec.

Just waiting for the first to do that.

Labgate

Have the viewsat 9000, it does 4:2:0 quite well, have not been able to get any 4:2:2
menu has blind scan but it wont find anything

Have the viewsat 9000, it does 4:2:0 quite well, have not been able to get any 4:2:2

The blindscan on the VS PRO doesn't work either. Viewsat USA tech support is non responsive. YMMV

Archie, love to hear about your 9000. Especially the picture quality of SD and HD

HD seems very nice

Hey Boomer I have the 9000 also from viewsat..I would say I have 650.. in both reciever and x board.This is just my opinion.I wouldnt buy one as of right now.Theres some bugs that need worked out .It seems to hate the diseq switch .so you have to purchase the new switch .Then if you dont get the 2nd version the picfreezes alot .It doesnt seem to find all the channels when it scans.Id say but and ultra and wait .There nice and simple to set up and watch.Thanks

Hey Boomer I have the 9000 also from viewsat..I would say I have 650.. in both reciever and x board.This is just my opinion.I wouldnt buy one as of right now.Theres some bugs that need worked out .It seems to hate the diseq switch .so you have to purchase the new switch .Then if you dont get the 2nd version the picfreezes alot .It doesnt seem to find all the channels when it scans.Id say but and ultra and wait .There nice and simple to set up and watch.Thanks

Hey turbo, thanks for your reply. I love hearing about these new HD receivers. Care to bust my chops about the picture quality in HD? I love sports feeds and many now are in HD. I tune the channel in and find the garbled green screen. My old tv went out a couple of months back and, since I was forced to get a new one, I moved into the plasma HD arena.

I just wish more STB makers would incorporate 4:2:2. The $700 for a quali is a bit steep. I've got an ecoda diseqc so that's not a problem.

Thanks for the info on it. The pansat looks interesting but, no PVR controls.

Viewsat 9000HD blindscan work very good for me.
But this reciever is not for me it's motor(SG2100) moving quirks are getting on my nervs.
While my pansat's all have no issues with the motor.
It's for sale at moment maybe some will like more then i did.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)