viewsat and Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

m74731

Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Will viewsat receive Globecast, Galaxy 19. If so what do I need ot do. My sat list on my viewsat extreme doesn't have either galaxy 25 or 19. I will be useing a 33 inch elip. dish.

Thanks.

Will viewsat receive Globecast, Galaxy 19. If so what do I need ot do. My sat list on my viewsat extreme doesn't have either galaxy 25 or 19. I will be useing a 33 inch elip. dish.

Thanks.

M74731, just to follow on Lak7 's comment, you can also "Add Satellite"[/B] to your Viewsat Antenna Settings Listing, then "Rename Satellite" to anything you choose, see page 21 in the User's Manual. I have used it several times and it works well - except that you are limited to approx 9 letters or numbers for the new Satellite listing.

97W has been called (depending on receiver)

Telstar 5
IA5
Intelsat Americas 5
Galaxy 25
G25
G19
Galaxy 19

97W has been called (depending on receiver)

Telstar 5
IA5
Intelsat Americas 5
Galaxy 25
G25
G19
Galaxy 19

Iceberg I hadn't realized that Galaxy 25 was recently renamed Galaxy 19. Should it be rescanned in for any more new channels or is this just a rename game?? And why the change ie. new Satellite?

Jsattv, Galaxy 19 replaced Galaxy 25 at 97w (G-19 is a new satellite, the birds are playing musical chairs on the Clarke Belt :) )

M74731, a standard FTA receiver will work for the clear Globecast channels. If you wish to subscribe to any of the pay services, however, you will need a Globecast receiver.

Jsattv, Galaxy 19 replaced Galaxy 25 at 97w (G-19 is a new satellite, the birds are playing musical chairs on the Clarke Belt :) )

M74731, a standard FTA receiver will work for the clear Globecast channels. If you wish to subscribe to any of the pay services, however, you will need a Globecast receiver.

Thanks Tron, other than rescanning the new Tp for Russia Today a couple of months ago, do you know if there are any other new channels or Tps on the new Galaxy 19??

and the reason it looks weird going from G25 to G19 is when Galaxy bought the Intelsat sats (5,6,7,8) they couldnt just change the name like it did from Telsat to IA...and they (Galaxy) was already up to I think G15 for satellites so they renamed them G25-G28

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts