[Viewsat] Viewsat VS PRO current uses?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jskuyper

Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
United States
I had purchased the viewsat pro right before satellites upgrade to the new encryption method or whatever it was that did not all to get all the channels for free. I do not believe things have been decrypted yet with the new method of encrypting the signal. (forget the exact terms of it). But since I have purchased the viewsat vs pro it has been sitting in the box collecting dust. Is there anything I can use it for currently? I have direct tv dish and subscription currently. thanks!

There are hundreds of free TV and Radio channels using a bigger C-band 8 - 10' dishes and quite a few on Ku-band using a 3' dish. Likely that your receiver is not MPEG4 or h.264, but you will still be able to receive hundreds of channels with the right size dish and a linear type LNBF. You will not find the popular Dish/DirecTV channels, but there is quite a bit of interesting programming up there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)