Viewsat VS2000 vs. Coolsat 4000 Pro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richard Tyler

Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I've narrowed it down to the Viewsat VS2000 and the Coolsat 4000 Pro to use for picking up FTA satellites. Which one is better and why?

Will both of these receivers work with a motorized satellite dish?

Do both of these receivers have programming guide, as in DirecTV?

Hi Richard, welcome to Satelliteguys :)

The Viewsat has no blind scan which is very useful for feed-hunting whereas the Coolsat does.
Both have capabilities for controlling a motor.
Check out the review section, Iceberg reviewed both receivers and you can find the pros and cons there.
I use the Coolsat, it's a fantastic receiver and it's extremely easy to set up as well as having advanced features when you need them.

As Tron mentioned, there's no real EPG for FTA so don't let that be a deciding point when you choose.

Coolsat

We have both the Viewsat and Coolsat.. based on customer feedback, both are great units, but the blind search feature with the Coolsat is a advantage. The viewsat is faster to change channels and so forth, but I would suggest the coolsats..
Keep in mind that we are a true legal fta website, and do not promote or condone signal theft in anyway. If you are looking for a receiver for legal free to air, we would like you as a customer.
Just to let everyone know, I am waiting on a reply from the Viewsat manufactures regarding a upgrade so that the Viewsat can do a blind search.
Will post as soon as I hear.
Cheers
Rob
ftadirect

I Have a Coolsat 4000 Pro.. But I don't know how to set it up with my Big 10' Dish... Can somone please help???

Richard
Right now I would say the Coolsat based on the fact of the blind scan.

I've done reviews on both (see the review section) and they're both nice units.

Richard,
Although you didnt mention the Pansat 2700a i would really take a good look at it. It does not have the fast scan time of the Coolsat, but does pass ac-3 audio to a compatable audio reciever. Lots of channels are coming up ac-3 audio now, so it is definately a feature to consider. I have had my pansat for about 6 weeks now, and i really like it. To date I have not had a single problem with it.

drhydro said:
Richard,
Although you didnt mention the Pansat 2700a i would really take a good look at it. It does not have the fast scan time of the Coolsat, but does pass ac-3 audio to a compatable audio reciever. Lots of channels are coming up ac-3 audio now, so it is definately a feature to consider. I have had my pansat for about 6 weeks now, and i really like it. To date I have not had a single problem with it.
You aren't kidding about the AC3 audio deal. It's the only thing I don't like about my CoolSat. It'd be great if they release a firmware update to make it pass AC3 audio but I'm not holding my breath. Since ImagineAsian went AC3 I'm getting more motivated to get another reciever. Being able to get sound on the PBS channels would be great for the kids.

I haven't quite made my mind up yet on my next tuner but I'm leaning heavily towards the PanSat 3500S right now. My other option would be a PC based tuner. I'd REALLY like to get AC3 audio / component video on the big screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

74 & 83 at the same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)