Viewsat Xtreme & Ultra G18 123w?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

purenrg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Dallas TX
I'm having problems getting a lock on this bird, I'm using the Fta sat-file i got from another fta forum. I have also used other sat-files that had G18 123w in the lineup, but still not getting a lock using any of them.

Just wondering if this is me or is others having this same problem with VS Xtreme & Ultra receivers ?

I'm using a .75 cm P star dish with a Aspen eagle lmb, the setting are standard 10750, I'm not using a motor,I've also used a Invacom QPH-031 with no luck?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for the reply Lak7, yes I had the Invacom set for the linear side.

I'm using these Tp's 11855 V 3515
11965 V 2000
12113 V 4580
12135 V 2840

So if anyone with a Viewsat xtreme or a Ultra could try to get a lock and post afterwards would be helpful.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're aimed at the satellite? Tried any other satellites, like 125W, which is next going west?

If you want, you can find the DishNet sat at 119, then you where know where you are.

Forgot to ask, are you using a Motor?
If not, did you properly skew the LNB?

I'm in the Dallas Tx area, and yes I did get a lock on 129w circular port w/quality, I can see 123w with a analog squawker meter but no lock/Quality and 125w.

Skew was listed around +34

I didn't even realize there was a linear tp on 129w I'll re-scan and try and get it. I'm getting 97w & 83w now so I know that my lnb is working & receiver.

But Lak7 posted a frequency for the old G27 which isnt there anymore
Ciel II is DBS and if you're using a KU LNB it wont work ;)

I know these receivers are not the best for fta but until I can up grade, I'm just trying to make due. These new fta sat-files were to up grade these receivers for more fta birds, just don't know if it's just me or is it that these new fta sat-files need more work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.