Viiv ability is coming to the HR20!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Although I am sure like everything else (like THX) this is more of a licensing/marketing idea than anything of hardware/software substance, however, it is obvious to me this guy is a hater and has some hidden axe to grind; there is no objective actual reviewing; just his hate rants IMHO.

That being said, I too believe, much like THX and Window's Media Center Edition O/S this process can really be done with any quality gear, but they have no real licensed support and that can make it tough for most people.

AND all that said, I have no idea if this will be good or bad, BUT I will say I love the fact they are trying to be innovative and I will at least adopt a wait and see attitude and give it a read and a great research if and when it comes out.

Last edited:

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
So what ... we're all suppoed to rush out and buy new Wintel Viiv processors?

No thanks ... this is another in the list of stupid things D* continues to do in order to pad their own pockets and deny the consumers what they want.

We can all hope Malone is not as stupid as Rupert.

kbcrowe

Jun 1, 2005
And think of the support nightmare this will be for D*.

Even if a user knows to only buy a Viiv PC, if he makes one silly change like replacing the NIC its not going to work. What's D* going to do to troubleshoot?Tell him to just buy a new PC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)