Vikings/Packers HD dropped

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
To be fair, this happened on Dish local and OTA, but did anyone else have the Vikings/Packers game drop from HD to SD just before Minnesota's second touchdown?

Tried calling and emailing KDSM 17 (Des Moines) to see if it was a local issue, but the didn't even give me an option to leave a message and the their contact page generates nothing but errors. The half-time show is in HD. Life isn't over here — I know it is just a game — but it is annoying.

HD back at the start of the second half. When it went down, the crowd noise was so bad you could barely hear the announcers (not necessarily a bad thing). When it switched to SD you could hear them easily. Now, back in HD, they are again drowned out. I'd rather have the HD.

Happens all the time here.. The local flunky the station leaves in charge during off hours, kicks it into SD for the Local commercial, then falls asleep and forgets to kick the HD back in when the show resumes.. Stations too cheap to get HD equipment to prevent this.

Good to know it was just local. I'll try to get them on the phone tomorrow since their web site feedback doesn't work. Wouldn't have been so bad if the Vikings were losing, but during a contested victory, I wanted the HD.

KDSM also kicked over to SD during the coverage of the end of the Panther/Cardinal game.

There was also a problem where the screen would cut itself in half, hiorizontally, with a distinct line in the middle of the picture.

You need to get the control room phone number to wake the SOB up when it happens.
And also you need to call today and complain to the station manager.Tell them that some of your friends out of town watched it on another station and that you know it was a problem at their station only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts