VIP 211 DVR Operation.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomt

Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
My question is this. If I try to watch a program that I have set a timer to record, I get a message stating I'll have to stop the recording and switch to live TV. Is there a way to watch a program while the recording is in progress? Thanks.

At least with the 622/722, DVR events on EHD are called My Media. Like Pepper said, go to it, select the recording and choose Start .

Does that imply there is more than one "pipe" between the external and the box--in this case one out and one in? You can understand multiple for the internal drive, which has more bandwidth. The EHD on the 722 will only allow one pipe thus one direction at a time. Software limitation or hardware?
-Ken

Does that imply there is more than one "pipe" between the external and the box--in this case one out and one in? You can understand multiple for the internal drive, which has more bandwidth. The EHD on the 722 will only allow one pipe thus one direction at a time. Software limitation or hardware?
-Ken
the 211 ehd supports 3 simultaneous streams; two recording and one playing. The 6/722 internal drive supports 5 streams; 3 recording and 2 playing

-Ken

Linux sees the external drive as a normal scsi block device with a ext3 formatted filesystem. With a single device on the buss there is plenty of speed for at least 4 HD I/O streams with a fast drive. Linux Kernel Documentation :: usb : ehci.txt

With that much transfer rate will there be the possibility of simultaneous copy and directory or viewing on a 622/722? It is a pain that a copy now locks the EHD from view. And why did they choose cancel to abort a transfer from the selector given when you try to look?
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)