VIP 211 EHD issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gjh3260

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
New Brighton, Minnesota
Have a VIP 211 with a WD 500 gig hard drive. Tonight when I turned the TV tried to got to the My DVR menu and noticed it was not there. Then noticed the blue light on the WD was not lit...i did not disconnect the 211 or unplug the hard drive....any suggestions before I call Dish ? I also posted this in the EHD bug thread......sorry that i duplicated but thought someone here might know what to do before I called Dish.

That's happened to me once or twice too. Just reboot the receiver (hold down the power button until the picture goes blank) and everything should be fine.

Not lit usually means not powered on or dead.

Not sure what happened but I turned off the surge protector shutting down all the components (TV, EHD, sat box, receiver) waited about 5 minutes and powered back up. Blue light on EHD came back on sat went thru its acquiring signals, etc etc. my DVR menu showed up with my recordings and all is good again. That was strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts