VIP 211 lost most OTA channels since 4.33 software update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bongohawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Olathe, Kansas
Has anyone lost any OTA channels since their VIP 211 was updated with the L4.33 software? I noticed this yesterday that all but 1 of my OTA channels don't come in. Yes, I have adjusted my Antenna and still nothing. When you go to the OTA channel you can see the receiver thinking about getting a signal reading, but it just pops up with that Yellow OTA error message.

I deleted one of them and then tried to manually re-add it and it still won't find the signal. I guess I can try to remove ALL of them and then do the Long painstaking scan and see if that works.

I got the L.4.33 and I have not had the snowy screen problem any more so far so good. As far OTA I don't use OTA but you might try a hard reboot by unplugging your receiver for about 2-3 minutes then plug it back in. Then check everything see how things work then.

I unplugged it for about 20 seconds and then powered it up and did a full rescan and it still only found 1 OTA channel. That one channel is the only digital VHF channel in town where all the others are UHF. It could just be a coincidence, because I find it hard to believe that the small antenna I have connected to it would go bad for the UHF channels, but I know stranger things have happened. I will try powering it off for several minutes and see what happens.

I fixed the problem. It was suggested from another site:

1. Try a "hard" reboot (unplug power for a minute and then plug back in)
2. Check to make sure "offair" is selected in the "hdtv setup" menu
3. After ensuring "offair" is selected, try scanning for your channels

I have read others after receiving updates on the 211 and 622 have found there hdtv setup setting was on cable instead of offair.

Getting them all to come in now!!! Basically it was the "offair" selection that needed to be changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts