ViP 211 - no locals?

xstarsfallingx

Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
We just had our dish installed today and the installer told us that acquiring our local channels could take awhile. It's been a couple hours now and we still see no sign of them. Attempts to scan in the setup menu have proven fruitless. Is there a method to adding them that we are missing before I hunker down and attempt a call to CS?

Thanks in advance, this is much easier than dealing with tech support... =)

Well to get OTA locals you have to have an antenna hooked us to the receiver as well.

The "Dish" locals, the ones provided by dish do take some time to show up. I would say that it should not take more than 1/2 an hour. Call and make sure dish has the locals on you package, sometimes they forget to active them.

The installer connected the local antenna that they provide and after several hours we finally hooked up our OTA that sits on our TV (which up until today we were using as our sole source). Seems as though we are getting more consistent results from ours now that it's hooked into the receiver (it has been acting up lately, which prompted me to order satellite), but it still does not change the fact that it's not coming through Dish.

Seems as though we will have to give them a call tomorrow. Might just cancel the local package since we're having pretty dependable results with our own OTA. I believe we get more HD channels like this anyway...no reason to pay, unless I'm missing some great benefit. I'm still so new to this satellite thing that I'm not making any assumptions.

Thanks for your input. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

If you do not subscribe to the Dish locals, you will lose the guide info for your OTA's. The only benefit. Have the Dish locals shown up yet? Are you looking at the right place? Check around the 6300's, might be they are just not mapping down.

Well as it is, there is no guide info for the OTAs anyway. They all simply say something like "Digital Programming" (I can't remember the exact words). They're not showing yet, but it's really overcast today so I don't even want to try to rescan right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)