VIP 211 Remote Control Question..

scoobdawg

Original poster
Hoping someone might be able to help - I have 2 different TV's in 2 rooms controlled buy 2 VIP 211's - These 211 receivers sit on top of one another - One of these receivers is controlled by a "Pyramid" remote IR blaster, the other is controlled line of site - This setup is new as of today - The problem is that since both the 211's share the same IR code, when I go to change the channel on 1, the channel on the other will change as well - Any thoughts how I might be able to get around this? One of these units is leased from Dish and is more than 2 years old - Can I trade in for a unit with UHF??? Help...

Thanks

Unplug one of the 211's, on the other one hit the menu button twice, getting you to the system info screen. Hold the "Sat" button on the remote until all four mode buttons light up, release and the Sat button should stay lit. push a number like 5 and press the pound button on the remote. The Sat button will flash three times. Push Record on the remote and the number on the screen should change to 5 or whatever number you selected. Now plug the other 211 back into power and once it reboots, you should have no other problems with controlling both receivers.

If your TV's are in two different rooms why do you have both of the 211's in the same room?

Though 211s don't put out as much heat as VIP DVRs, it's still not wise to stack them. And yeh, why in the same room?

If your TV's are in two different rooms why do you have both of the 211's in the same room?

I have 2 Plasmas in 2 different rooms, In 1 of the rooms I wanted all of the equipment out of site - In the other room I really didn't care - These 2 rooms are back to back - My solution was placing 2 222's on top of each other and using an IR repeater to control them - As for why the DISH installer didn't set it up - My fault - I never asked - Didn't even think about it until after he left

Not a very good installer if he didn't realize the same remote address would cause problems. How is the remote TV connected to the 211/222 not coax I hope?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts