vip 211, view in 2 rooms?

johnpas73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I want to get a vip 211 to replace the 622 in my bedroom. Only thing is, i occasionally watch tv in the basement while doing odd jobs. Im wondering if I can have the receiver connected via HDMI upstairs and coax to the basement, and have it output to both TVs simultaneously? Will that work?
Then I could have the IR remote upstairs and the RF remote in the basement to change the channel
I understand I wouldnt be able to watch 2 seperate shows, but it would be a help to have it show in both places at once.

John

I do not have a home phone at all, or internet connection in that room. So i get dinged 5 a month for that, and the 5.98 DVR fee would go away, reducing my bill 10.98 a month. I have a EHD lying around

I do not have a home phone at all, or internet connection in that room. So i get dinged 5 a month for that, and the 5.98 DVR fee would go away, reducing my bill 10.98 a month. I have a EHD lying around

Well, that is an incentive to go without a DVR. Of course, you will be hit with that one time $40 EHD fee and buy the remote kit, but that would pay for itself after a few months.

Why not use a home plug device if you have a router? Gets rid of the $5 no phone connection fee. You can usually find a reconditioned one at Amazon.com. Of course the DVR fee won't go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts