VIP-211 with a VIP-622

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Hey all, I am sorry to bug with a dumb question like this but ...

I had a VIP622 and just received a VIP211. I thought I could have both plugged into my home LAN and watch the DVR shows on the 211. Is this not the case? I ask because there is no network config menu for the 211 like there is for the 622. The 622 is currently on my LAN, the 211 does not appear. SW rev is L435 on the 211.

Thanks!

I had a VIP622 and just received a VIP211. I thought I could have both plugged into my home LAN and watch the DVR shows on the 211. Is this not the case? I ask because there is no network config menu for the 211 like there is for the 622. The 622 is currently on my LAN, the 211 does not appear. SW rev is L435 on the 211.

Thanks!

I have the same set of equipment and have not heard of any kind of connection between the two receivers. The 622's recorded shows can only be viewed on the HDTV it is connected to or the SDTV connected to it by coax.

Please let me know if I'm wrong because I would like to see some of the shows stored on the DVR from the plain receiver. :)

// Scott A

Thanks!

No, that's is not the case. The 211 has a Ethernet port but it hasn't been activated yet. The only receivers with an active ethernet port are the 622/722 receivers.

Ahh, OK so I was "thinkin" wrong. Oh well, with 2 HDTVs I needed the two receivers anyway, the DVR is on the 32" one in the bedroom anyhow since this is where most of my viewing occurs.

Thanks ScottA, guess that shows what happens when something is ASSuMEd :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts