VIP 211k DiSEqC Options

purplepizza

Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I want to move a VIP 211K from a location with a 1000.2 Dish to a location with three single LNBs (three single circular dishes). The three LNBs are connected to a switch matching the same ports as the 1000.2 dish. But now the receiver only recognizes port 1. The other ports were verified operational with a different receiver. How can I get the VIP 211K to recognize all ports?

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I want to move a VIP 211K from a location with a 1000.2 Dish to a location with three single LNBs (three single circular dishes). The three LNBs are connected to a switch matching the same ports as the 1000.2 dish. But now the receiver only recognizes port 1. The other ports were verified operational with a different receiver. How can I get the VIP 211K to recognize all ports?
Did you clear the memory before hooking it up? IOW chk switch w/o anything hooked up to it. Then run your ck switch after it is hooked up to switch.

Did you clear the memory before hooking it up? IOW chk switch w/o anything hooked up to it. Then run your ck switch after it is hooked up to switch.

I did clear memory (with no COAX attached). Then re-connected switch and re-checked switch. Only Port 1 is found. Maybe a different switch is required?

What lnb's are you using I assume regular, if so, you may want to consider using dishpro lnb's and a dp34 switch, you will find your receiver recognizing a setup like that, more than that with regular circular lnbs and a diseqc switch.

depends on what type of LNB's they are. If they are DishPro then yes the DP34 will work

If they are Legacy (no DIshPro logo) a SW31 (yes a SW31) will work. Check Ebay. I have 3 Legacy LNB's (old Directv LNB's from the single eye setups) and a SW31 on my 211k working just fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)