VIP 211k reboot problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rudedog_id

Original poster
May 12, 2009
Boise, Idaho
Hi all...

I have been a Dish Network customer for many years and have been pleased with the service they offer. But a few months ago I decided to activate the EHD function on my VIP 211k receiver with so it could be used as a DVR. Ever since I have had nothing but problems and was hoping that someone out there have had these same problems.

Here is a rundown of my problems...

My receiver reboots sometimes when starting to record a show and playback sometime freezes up for a couple of minutes. Seems like the rebooting problem is mostly when recording a HD broadcast from either a OTA source or Dish HD channel. The freezing of playback has happened both on HD and standard recordings. It does not matter if another show is being recorded or if there is no other recording taking place.

I have talked to Dish tech support on numerous occasions but they have not been able to solve my problems.

Here is what they have told me to do so far.

1. Reboot receiver daily.
2. Plug receiver directly into wall outlet instead of surge suppressor.
3. Replace receiver.

All of those suggestions have been done and I still have the problems.

Here is what I have done myself to solve the problem.

1. Replaced the EHD (twice).
2. Tried 4 different USB cables on the EHD.
3. Wiped EHD clean and reformatted it.

BTW my signal strengths on both OTA and SAT are fine.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post...

That's a weird problem. I have been using an EHD on a daily basis with my 211k since they offered it and haven't had any problems. I love it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)