Vip 211k receiver issues?

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
A strange thing happened tonight. I was watching TCM and all or a sudden I got the slate that the receiver lost the signal. I clicked off the channel, then back on. It came back up just to go away again. I checked the signal on the 129 bird and it read 55%. I own my equipment and installed it years ago. I have an extra LNBF cluster, if I need it. I re-set the receiver with the power button only the find the issue was still there. I then unplugged it for 45 seconds and plugged it back in. It seemed to have worked. In switch channel fast, sometimes I will also get a momentary loss and then it comes back. I fiqure either and issue with the receiver or LNBF cluster. A glitch of some kind?
I really like the vip211k and I have had it for many years, about the time it came out. So the age of the receiver is getting a bit long in the tooth. I am thinking about buying a second 211k receiver for a backup. Solid Signal has then for $89 with the warranty. I paid $159 for the receiver went it came out. I like the 211k with the OTA tuner and the HDD option without any fees. Now, if I buy a refurbished receiver and put my old on away for a back up, should I have any issues switching receivers with Dish? I like having not to pay receiver fees. Thanks.

It shouldn’t be a problem at all. Get your new receiver, hook it up, and activate it while deactivating the old one. Just try to use an American CSR. I had some difficulties with an off shore CSR last year. When you are ready you might get DIRT involved, that would go very smooth.

Reactions: pattykay
One other question, will my access card to receive the Flex Pack (BBC World) work in the new 211k, or will I need a different one?

One other question, will my access card to receive the Flex Pack (BBC World) work in the new 211k, or will I need a different one?
Your access card is attached to your present receiver only. Your new 211K may, or may not, have the correct one. If not, just ask for a new one like you did wit the old one.

When I added the add-on news pack to AT 250 that has BBC World, Dish sent me a different card. The 211k has the original card built in. Before that I did not need another access card.

When I added the add-on news pack to AT 250 that has BBC World, Dish sent me a different card. The 211k has the original card built in. Before that I did not need another access card.
If your new 211K is new it will probably have the card built in so you will need to get a new card sent to you unless the built in card has the newer data on it. You will only know when you get the new 211K and activate it. If you don't get BBC World News, request a new card at the same time...

I am thinking about buying a second 211k receiver for a backup. Solid Signal has then for $89 with the warranty. I paid $159 for the receiver went it came out.
I can beat that price by a wide margin. I have three ViP211k's that I am not using for anything. Let me know if you are interested.

You will need to make sure the new ViP211k has the white G4 Smart Card. Two of my used ViP211k receivers have that type of card, and I have verified that they work with Flex Pack, since that is the package I had when they were still activated. One of those two was barely used before I deactivated it, and it still looks brand new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)