VIP 211k with EHD Question

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have a VIP 211k with EHD and when NFL season starts, I want to be able to DVR the Bears games. My ideal situation is that when I arrive home 30 minutes after the game starts, I can play the game from the beginning, fast forward through the replays and commercials, and then be caught up to the live game within 20 minutes. How do I end up doing the recording so that I can play the game from the beginning without seeing the live game first? Whenever I turn on my box, it automatically jumps to live action and since it is tuned to that channel and recording, it appears instantly on the screen. Is there any way for me to start the recording from the beginning without me never seeing the live action? I have tried to access the recordings while the receiver is turned off and the hints are floating on the screen, but to no avail. But as soon as I turn it on, there is the game. Any way around this so I can play from the beginning without seeing what is happening? (I guess I could record OTA and leave my box on a satellite channel so that it doesn't automatically jump to the recording, but I don't want to have to think about that)

Mute the sound and do not look at the screen. Just look at the remote until you get the recording going. I do this all the time. It takes descipline.

Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a feature.

Set an auto tune timer to whichever tuner type (sat or ota) your not recording from, so it will record in the background and auto tune live TV to something else.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts