VIP 222 lock-up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ffdemoss

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I have had my VIP 222 since it hit the streets and I have had to do more hard resets on it than I ever did with my 322 during the entire 3 years I owned it. Sometimes I get picture and no sound. Sometimes I get no picutre and no sound. Anyone else having problems and any word on correcting these problems? It wouldn't be so bad except hard resets take 10 mintues to finish.

I am getting ready to call dish e* about this but I want to see if anyone else is having issues as well.

I have my second 222 (first RMA'd) and I have no issues such as yours. Sounds like you may need to get in RMA. Or you can provide more info such as your ouput connections, etc. and some of the clever people on this board may have a solution.

I have my second 222 (first RMA'd) and I have no issues such as yours. Sounds like you may need to get in RMA. Or you can provide more info such as your ouput connections, etc. and some of the clever people on this board may have a solution.

TV1: HDMI
TV2: UHF Channel 60

What is RMA? Remanufactured?

I have had my VIP 222 since it hit the streets and I have had to do more hard resets on it than I ever did with my 322 during the entire 3 years I owned it. Sometimes I get picture and no sound. Sometimes I get no picutre and no sound. Anyone else having problems and any word on correcting these problems? It wouldn't be so bad except hard resets take 10 mintues to finish.

I am getting ready to call dish e* about this but I want to see if anyone else is having issues as well.

Yea, I have this same problem along with others problems. I also loose the satellite for absolutely no reason at all. It sits there and quickly (and I mean fast) rolls through all of the satellites and transponders trying to find it, and will do that for hours on end. Have to do a hard reboot. I'm on my third 222 (two returns), all with a color fluctuation problem in addition to the lock up problem. Dish engineering thinks it's a software problem, from what I understand. There have been others on another board that have talked about the lock up issue. I think since it's such a new receiver, they are still trying to work out the bugs before they release a software upgrade.

But the response I've received from these boards is that "you cant get three bad receivers."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)