VIP 222 video shutter problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I am on eastern arc and have a 222 that has bad video shutter (By that I mean the video is choppy and lags). It is on all channels but is worse on the SD channels. Dish has replaced it once, and my new one is better but is still not fixed. I have tried putting my 622 in place of the 222 to make sure it is not the wiring and my 622 was fine. I read in some posts that the 222k is more stable than the 222. I don't know what to do next, any ideas?

Tell DISH to give you a 222k and that should correct your problem. I have EA with the 222k and see no problems.

I posted this earlier today in another thread. I guess I should have posted here instead.

"Does anyone have any info when the VIP 222 may get a software update (currently on 309) to correct the video stutter and freeze-up on the EA sats. My EA setup is great except for this problem. My 222k and my 622 work fine. I had a Dish Chat this morning and the tech acknowledged this was known issue and a software update was being written. No timeframe is available for release and he suggested I reset my receiver every 2 hours as an interim fix, I suggested they replace the VIP 222 with a VIP 222k and he said that was not possible. I have sent a email to CEO @ echostar.com to try to get satisfactory resolution. We'll see."

I posted this earlier today in another thread. I guess I should have posted here instead.

"Does anyone have any info when the VIP 222 may get a software update (currently on 309) to correct the video stutter and freeze-up on the EA sats. My EA setup is great except for this problem. My 222k and my 622 work fine. I had a Dish Chat this morning and the tech acknowledged this was known issue and a software update was being written. No timeframe is available for release and he suggested I reset my receiver every 2 hours as an interim fix, I suggested they replace the VIP 222 with a VIP 222k and he said that was not possible. I have sent a email to CEO @ echostar.com to try to get satisfactory resolution. We'll see."
I chatted with the technical forum this afternoon as well and got the same results except they were willing to send me a 222k for a 24 month commitment. I told them that it was not fair that because they acknowledge that there software in the 222's are buggy with the EA sats I should hve to pay for an upgrade. They said and i quote "we are working hard to fix the problem, we have just become aware of it". I said well I noticed it in november of 07 when you switched me to EA because of my HD locals going live there. Please let me know if you get anywhere with the ceo email. The tech chat person said they would put in a request for me to get a replacement 222K for my 222, I doubt that will happen.

This is nothing new

This video shutter issue has been an on again off again problem for years dating back when the 301's came out, uh 2001? 301's are doing it today. DISH still hasn't fixed this.

The latest trouble for me was tonight with the all-star game (watching on a 622 and a 722) I thought it was TNT because it only did it during the game at times and not during commercials, but other users (Directv, cable, fios) at avsforum are not experiencing this problem.

Let's face it, DISH makes crappy receivers.

I had the 222 for about a week, and had the video stutter problem. It was more on SD channels than HD. It was a new install also on the EA. When the tech came out, he only had one 222k on his truck. He switched it out and the problem was solved.
When he called in to activate the 222k, he was told that he wasn't supposed to give me a 222k, and he explained to them that it was the only one he had on the truck. He was not aware that they are not supposed to swap a 222 for a 222K.
He was a great guy and left me with the 222k. Thought the rule was stupid, because he said the 222 is having problems on eastern arc installs.
I really got lucky. Haven't had any problems with the 222k.

Had the rep last week send me a 222K instead of a 222. Works great on EA. She was able to put in a request because of the software issue. Then I received and over the air module for it because I told them I used an outside antenna also. All that for free, I couldn't have asked for more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)