VIP 222 Video Stutter Problem

cgroftmc

Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
I am having a problem with my VIP 222. The video is consistently stuttering. The video does not drop out, it just pauses for a fraction of a second. The audio sounds fine. This occurs 10 to 15 times per minute on SD and very infrequently on HD.

I have a 722 that is working just fine. I took the 222 and hooked it up where the 722 is to try and isolate a possible cable run problem from the dish but I had the same problem. Dish has sent a new unit and it also has the same problem. My friends 222 stutters as well. I have also tried HDMI and component outputs and the problem exists on both.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Craig

I have the EXACT same issue!!! I am on my second VIP222 box and it has the same issue as well. i have Dish coming out to swap out the DP44 switch. I already had them out last week and the tech replaced everything (and I mean everything, right down to a new cable run from the switch to the unit), but the problem is still there. At least I now know it's not just me!

One of my 622s was doing this stuttering thing a couple nights ago when I was watching the Red Sox. I tried switching channels back and forth and swappinig with tuner 2 and that didn't work. Finally I just turned off the receiver and back on again and stuttering was gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)