vip 222k quit working

dirt72801

Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
central arkansas
This is an odd situation that I would like to see if it has happened to someone else. I have dish in my house and have a reciever in my rv with a portable dish. I have had this same setup for years without much issue. I recently had a 222k reciever not hooked up to anything in my rv and decided to bring it in the house to replace an old 322. I hooked it up and had reception, but not all my channels. This is common when it has been off for awhile. I called dish and they said they would send a signal which is normal. After a short period the reciever started to reset and went through aquiring signal then downloading guide. Shortly after the signal went off and it acted like it was resetting again. This time only the light for TV 1 came on and no signal to the TV at all. I tried soft reset. I tried unplugging. All it will do is show the light for tv1 and never a signal to the tv. No functions are available such as menu, etc.. This is the second time in a year this has happened after I brought a 222k reciever in from the rv to the house. Before I buy a third reciever I thought I would ask for help. Seems really odd that two different recievers at two different times worked when I brought them in and quit when dish supposedly sent the signal for all my channels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

322 will work. No protection plan. I have always bought my equipment for the past 15 years. It is cheaper and less trouble to buy a new reciever. Just seems odd two different 222k recievers quit working when dish sent the signal to put my channels on. I wonder if it is related to some kind of software update that is causing them to crash.

I have always bought my equipment for the past 15 years. It is cheaper and less trouble to buy a new reciever.

Me too, but added protection plan to replace my owned 622. $8 dollar a month and early cancel fee of $30. This going to be a lot less than buying another 622. Will cancel it Plan once i know the replacement is working fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)