VIP 222K Remote and/or HDMI Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mixz1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Cancun, Mexico
I have a VIP 222K connected to a Samsung 6-series passing through to a Sony STR DH-750 receiver via HDMI. Prior to today everything worked perfectly. Lost power for about 10 hours. When power came back up I became aware of a problem. Pressing volume control on the 21.1 remote switches the VIP 222K off. Pressing the volume control again switches the VIP 222K back on. And here's the strange part: Pressing the volume control on the Samsung remote has the same effect on the 722K. And to go one step further, the Sony receiver's remote control's volume buttons also toggles the 722K on and off. Since the UHF frequencies of all the devices must be different, I'm guessing something is going on with the HDMI signals. Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you done a 222K reset or a hard re-boot (regardless it was without power for a long time)?

I have a VIP 222K connected to a Samsung 6-series passing through to a Sony STR DH-750 receiver via HDMI. Prior to today everything worked perfectly. Lost power for about 10 hours. When power came back up I became aware of a problem. Pressing volume control on the 21.1 remote switches the VIP 222K off. Pressing the volume control again switches the VIP 222K back on. And here's the strange part: Pressing the volume control on the Samsung remote has the same effect on the 722K. And to go one step further, the Sony receiver's remote control's volume buttons also toggles the 722K on and off. Since the UHF frequencies of all the devices must be different, I'm guessing something is going on with the HDMI signals. Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like HDMI-CEC is turned on, and that the commands that are sent between the AV receiver and the 222 are not doing the correct thing. If you were using it successfully before, try turning it of on all three devices, reset Hopper then turn it back on. If you were not using it, go into each device's menus and turn it off.

Theoretically, turning on the TV would cause it to send a command to the AV receiver to turn on. It would then in turn send a command to the 222 to turn on. Theoretically it would also work the other way: turning on the 222 should turn on the AV receiver and the TV. Source selection and volume commands are also propagated up or down the chain. What appears to be happening in your case is a volume command is being either sent as a power command or the 222 is misinterpreting it.

It sounds like HDMI-CEC is turned on, and that the commands that are sent between the AV receiver and the 222 are not doing the correct thing. If you were using it successfully before, try turning it of on all three devices, reset Hopper then turn it back on. If you were not using it, go into each device's menus and turn it off.

Theoretically, turning on the TV would cause it to send a command to the AV receiver to turn on. It would then in turn send a command to the 222 to turn on. Theoretically it would also work the other way: turning on the 222 should turn on the AV receiver and the TV. Source selection and volume commands are also propagated up or down the chain. What appears to be happening in your case is a volume command is being either sent as a power command or the 222 is misinterpreting it.
Exactly right and the issue is fixed. Can't understand how a power outage would mess with those settings, but your suggestion proved dead on. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)