VIP 612 Bugs, Problems Thread

emdev2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Hello,

I'm having all the problems with lock ups, freezing with HDMI like everyone else.

I'm also having issues with OTA signals going out. All my other receivers have a signal level between 90 and 100 on the OTA. My 921 was connected to this TV before and I had no issues with the OTA signals. My 612 has a lower signal level. than all of them. I have recordings that don't fire and say there was a signal problem. I also have issues when recording from the satellite channels and the recording will stop way early but not list any problems. Anyone see any of these problems?

We have had constant problems with OTA signals, but some of that may be due to our antenna and/or it's placement. I've experienced on more than one occaision in just a week since we got the 612, where none of the OTA channels come in and it seems when this happens, the 612 freezes and eventually reboots itself. Very annoying.

New problem started yesterday, only when the 612 is off, it constantly reboots, when it is on it works normal. Anyone else have this problem start today?

It started yesterday for me as well on both of my 612s. When off they constantly reboot but when on they seem to work fine. On one of them I have had the problem where recordings seem to get broken up in the middle like it possible rebooted for no reason then as well.

Same problem here. Both 612s reboot constantly unless I leave them on. I first noticed it when I came home from work last night.

We are still having problems with the OTA tuner in the 612. I don't know what turner they are using but it doesn't look to be the same as in the 722. The 722 works fine but he 612 drops siginal for no reason.

Looks like my reboot problem stopped as well. Guess the replacement they are sending me for my supposedly busted receiver will go back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts