Vip 612 DVR playback issue ??

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I've noticed lately that I've been getting picture dropouts some audio dropouts as well while playing back a recorded program. It happends like every 20 minutes or so.
Only on my recordings , Never Live tv.
Its Quite bothersome. Any suggestions?
I called E* But they just don't have a clue. They think that just because it only happends sometimes, its OK because it doesn't happen all the time.
If one more Dishnetwork employee tells me to reset my receiver 1 more time ,I'm going to snap.:mad:
What do you guys think?
Should I just drop the 612 for somthing else or make them replace it?

oh, i was going to tell you to do a reset...

seriously though, do you think its the receiver? more likely to be cable or signal, i would think. it always seems like signal problems hit recordings harder than live tv.

I think you've got a flaky disk. I have two 612's in this house and neither are doing what yours is.

oh, i was going to tell you to do a reset...

seriously though, do you think its the receiver? more likely to be cable or signal, i would think. it always seems like signal problems hit recordings harder than live tv.
Thats the thing though, I'm not sure. My 622 never does this, My 612 has been doing this for the last few months. The reason I don't think its signal related is it never happends in the same spot on the recording.
If it was a signal dropout wouldn't it happen always at the same spot in the movie ? Not just Random?

Thats the thing though, I'm not sure. My 622 never does this, My 612 has been doing this for the last few months. The reason I don't think its signal related is it never happends in the same spot on the recording.
If it was a signal dropout wouldn't it happen always at the same spot in the movie ? Not just Random?
yeah, i would think so. in fact i know. ive got poor signal on mine (dont want to move it, hah!) and the recordings play back the same way every time. must not be a signal issue for you then...

The 612's are hunks of crap. I've gone through several, and I mean several units and they all do the same thing. I've had customers cancel (after numerous swap outs) because it is useless and DISH won't fix or admit to the 612s problems, and they will charge more to change over to a 622 or 722 (which aren't perfect either but better than a 612) therefore causing the customer to defect back to DirecTV or cable. At that point DISH looks very bad. It's a big mess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts