VIP 612 question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MuDvAyNe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
I am looking to update to HD. I am a bit confused as to what receiver to choose.

I just need it for one TV. I believe the VIP 612 allows about 30 hours of HD recording. It can record 2 shows at a time while watching a pre-recorded one.

My question is really, can the two shows being recorded at the same time be HD shows? I do not know but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can only record one HD show at a time. Please tell me I am wrong.

My question is really, can the two shows being recorded at the same time be HD shows? I do not know but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can only record one HD show at a time. Please tell me I am wrong.
OK, you are WAY WAY wrong.;) 722 can record 2 sats and one OTA simultaneously, 722K plus optional $30 OTA module adds lets you do two sats and two OTAs. ALL HD. They also have larger hard drives. If you are only getting one receiver, get the 722K. The 612's have had reliability problems, and will not allow PIP. You could save yourself $6.00 per month with a 211K and activate an external hard drive, making it a DVR after paying one time $40 fee. But if $6 a month is not an issue, then 722K.

Last edited:
I am looking to update to HD. I am a bit confused as to what receiver to choose.

I just need it for one TV. I believe the VIP 612 allows about 30 hours of HD recording. It can record 2 shows at a time while watching a pre-recorded one.

Yes, you can record 2 shows HD and even third can be recorded at the same time if received over OTA. You can also watch one of these channels while you record it or watch previously recorded program from HDD at the same.

I have good VIP 612 receiver but some boxes have serious problems. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)