VIP 622 Audio Popping

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully this isn't a repost as I did a search and did not find anything. I recently hooked my 622 up via HDMI (it was hooked up via component and optical) to my Onkyo 605. All yesterday the receiver would lose audio but not video signal. I used the HDMI cable that I use for my BD-30 and still have the same problem. I would hear a pop from the receiver (the same sound you get if you change a/v source) and then within a few seconds the sound would come back. Is this a 622 issue or a setting issue that I need to tweak? This would be my 3rd 622 as the first two died as a result of bad hdmi ports which is why I avoided using htmi until yesterday and I"m hoping its a simple tweak and not something that requires a dish network call.

I have the same setup as u and I hear some popping ever now and then , but the audio dosn't go out and come back, just pop's alittle! Sounds like a HDMI problem with the 622 if u ask me! Had with the L4.48 and still exsist's with L4.49

Haven't heard of this issue with a 622 before.

But, if Component and optical wasn't a problem, why change???
Did it pop before?

I prefer optical for audie over hdmi anyway.

fred

I changed because picture over component wasn't as clean (I used the 605 to switch video and the conversion to output via hdmi seemed to hurt the picture). It didn't pop over optical which is why I initially thought it was the cable but it then continued to happen after I changed the cable.

An update after running tests... while watching Little Miss Sunshine I watched the receiver. In the middle of the film it jumped from DD5.1 to DDPLII and back to DD5.1 so it appears it is losing the audio signal or the signal is changing. I'm not sure what would cause this but hopefully its fixable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)