vip 622 Heating issues---quick question

self inflicted---I agree with you. Times are tough. However, my receiver is working fine. I kept getting audio skip and pixelation during recording of Bravo channels, but Dish assured me they were aware of that particular issue, and they fixed it.

From another thread, I got that Dish wont simply give me a new 622 despite being on a lease.

My latest move: I removed the VCR from underneath, and raised the receiver to be 3 inches from the bottom of the cabinet. I slid the top cover back about 3 inches, just enough to allow the USB fan to blow right in. If I put my hand on the left exhaust side, I feel cooler air. I will check temps in a couple of days to see the effect. By sliding the cover back, however, the holes on both sides do not match to the exhaust and intake sides. No biggie I think. The Thermaltake USB fan blows well, and I think it will do the trick. The 622 doesnt have many grill vents: only on bottom, right and left--both small. I thought that blowing air from the bottom would be a waste as that would basically cool the board and not let any air get through.

We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)