This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VIP 622 modulator output levels ??

brantlew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Austin, TX
I looked through the manual but can't find the specs that quote the output signal level of the 622 home distribution modulator. Does anybody know this number (in dB)?

The way I read it is that there is a 2 dB gain in the antenna input. Does that translate to +2 dB gain on each output? I don't know. I'd say try it first and see how it goes. If it doesn't work you may just need an amp.

The way I read it is that there is a 2 dB gain in the antenna input. Does that translate to +2 dB gain on each output? I don't know. I'd say try it first and see how it goes. If it doesn't work you may just need an amp.

I'm waiting to hear back from tech support for the answer to this riddle.

Either way though I think I will pass on the Super Home Node because it doesn't amplify the modulator input signal which based on my calculations is something that I will need.

WOW!!
This a a very technical explanation of why I had to Combine my Modulated signal with my antenna into the antenna/CATV port in order to get it to work.

I may just add an amplifier to the Modulated output and see if I can get it to work correctly.

This place and the people here continue to amaze me with the level of knowledge that is available.

Thanks for the explanation,
cegarrett