VIP 622: On Demand TV & Ent Vanished

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Hi,

Just yesterday I got the VIP 622 DVR. When I turned it on this morning I noticed that the On Demand TV & Entertainment had 4 programs in it. Well I started to watch one of them (Dog Whisperer) but I had to stop it. I went to watch it again a few hours later and it was empty. I had nothing on the DVR but the 5 minute DVR tutorial so it was not like it was full and had to delete something. I am wondering if the free on demand stuff is only there for a certain amount of time or only there for one time use then they all get auto deleted, or possibly is my DVR defective?

Thank you,
Jay

I dont think any on demand stuff is free. I think they charge you once you watch it.
It had 4 shows in it. One was the Dog Whisperer from Nat'l Geo channel which I don't even have. I started to play it but stopped it. It was free. There was no mention of any kind of charge at all. The 4 were there right in the TV and Ent. menu selection.

Jay

The TV stuff is free, the movies they charge for. I don't ever go into the movie section but the programs in the TV section vary, from 0 to 3 or 4. The whole thing is a waste of disk space I wish I could turn it off.

NightRyder

There is no charge to watch those programs. Dish adds them and removes them every few days or so. If you find something you want to watch then your best bet is to watch it ASAP as they will be removed eventually.

Hmmm, didn't know that. I haven't really played around with my 622 too much yet. Thanks for correcting me fellas :) . I dont understand why E* does some of the things it does and I agree with you NightRyder, it is a waste of space.

There is no charge to watch those programs. Dish adds them and removes them every few days or so. If you find something you want to watch then your best bet is to watch it ASAP as they will be removed eventually.

I noticed that if you select one of the free on-demand shows, there is an option to "protect" the show. I haven't tried to do this, but protecting it might allow you to keep the show beyond the day or two that dish provides these free on-demand shows.

Well, then I guess we should be grateful that they at least auto-delete these shows after a period of time. Imagine if they just continually queued up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)