VIP 622 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HVAC_2007

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Peterstown, WV
i have a VIP 622 and i have connected it to my network via my internet router from my dsl internet i did the broadband setup and etc and confirmed it had connection and the diagnostic and it states broadband connection ok so now i go to the Dish Online and my receiver freezes and does not do anything at all and i have to do a front panel reset i did this a couple times and have just given up... does anyone know if this is an issues or what else could be wrong..

i have software version L448 is it helps
any help is appreciated

Yep. That's what mine does too. So I don't go there.

It hurts when I do this.
So stop doing that.

:rolleyes:

After some other pioneers report that it works, I'll give it another try. But my main interest was for HD downloads, and now I know that's not going to happen with the ViP622. So it's of very little interest to me. One day, I'll use the internet to remotely program my ViP622. Maybe.

is it possible that my modem (internet router) is doing it?? because i have 3 computers to it and 2 wireless computers to it as well the router still has 1 port left on the back of it... i was jsut wondering if it could be my modem causing this to happen

I doubt it. Too many of us seem to have the same problem. My 8 ports are all in use, but I have no other problems.

hmm i have it working on a wireless connection, are you both using cables into the router ? i wonder if it is a difference in the router or the setup on the router ?
maybe we can compare what settings you both have and work out what might be causing it.
here's my basic setup.
Dlink router di-624 firmware 2.76
DHCP enabled
Login via router using ppoe
client DNS is the router as opposed passing on isp's dns
no fancy filters except as default by the router.

I am using WPA for wireless but not sure that's relevant to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)