VIP 622 shared view problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

omeletpants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Have been using my 622 for a year with no problem. Have a TV connected in a different room via TV1 shared output. Has worked fine for a year now I can't get a signal to the second TV. I have made no changes to any settings. Ideas?

Can you detail specifically which output (HDMI, Component, S-Video, etc.) you are using to feed your primary TV, and which output is being used to feed the second TV?

Using component to feed the primary TV and coaxial to feed the second tv. Like I said everything was fine up until this morning where no signal is going to the second tv

Okay. It's certainly possible that the RF modulator in the 622 has failed and that's why you're not getting a signal, but lets look at some other possibilities and ways to troubleshoot first:

1) Double check the tuner on the second TV. Are you sure it's still set to the channel you previously were using to get the signal from the 622? Are you sure someone didn't accidentally change the signal type on the second TV? (For example: My coax output is set for "over-the-air" frequency channel 62, but if my TV menu is changed to recieve "CATV" I won't get channel 62, since cable channel 62 is a different frequency than "over-the-air channel 62.)

2) Go into your 622 setup menu's and check what channels it is using for the modulated output. You can can have one channel set for the TV1 output and a second set for the TV2 output (although they will both look the same if you're operating the 622 in single mode instead of dual mode.) Are you getting anything on either of these channels?

Sorry if I'm suggesting things you've already tried....

Here are the modulator settings:

TV1 out:

Channel 73 (grayed out)
Mode: off

Tv2 Out:
Channel 73 (not grayed out)
Mode: cable

Okay. I would turn on the TV 1 modulator and set it to a different channel. It's up to you whether you want to use the cable setting or an over-the-air channel - you just need to make sure your second TV has it's tuner set to match whatever you choose. After you turn on the TV1 modulator, try both channels on the second TV and see whether you are getting programming on either of them. (If you're operating the 622 in single mode, you should see the same programing on both channels. If you switch it to dual mode, you would get the signal from the TV2 tuner on cable channel 73, and video from the TV 1 tuner on whatever channel you chose.) You may want to experiment with higher and lower channel numbers and the cable setting vs. the off air setting since some people report better picture quality using a different channel frequency. I have both the TV1 and TV2 modulators turned on (even though I usually operate in single mode) and use over-the-air channel numbers in the 60's. I tried switching to channels in the 20's after seeing some reports of better results - but for me the picture quality was worse, and I went back to what I had before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts