VIP 622 signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tennisgrl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I've been having an issue and no one can seem to figure out what the issue is. I own a 622 in a bedroom and 722 in my living room. I have absolutely no issues with the 722 at any time. However, I've been having issues with signal loss from the 622. This always happens at night when I am about to go to bed and turn on the tv. When I turn it on, whatever channel it was last left on is fine, but as soon as I change the channel, I get the 'Acquiring Signal' screen. If I wait, the channel usually but not always comes back in but it takes a few minutes. A reboot of the box always fixes the issue. This has become a little annoying, especially when it affects my DVR recordings b/c it thought it didn't have a signal. I leave the box on all the time. I used to have it go to sleep after x hours of inactivity but I thought that was the cause and turned that off, but it still occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you use the OTA antenna input on the 622? If the last thing that the DVR did was try to tune an OTA channel, and you don't have a rock-steady signal on that channel, it can cause the error that you're describing.

Do you use the OTA antenna input on the 622? If the last thing that the DVR did was try to tune an OTA channel, and you don't have a rock-steady signal on that channel, it can cause the error that you're describing.

Sorry...forgot to mention that. No, I do not have an OTA with that receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)