VIP 622 Version

deck797

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Is the 622, version 1.3 or higher? No one at dish knows, not even the installer. Also, how much Gbps do I need in my HDMI cable that connects the 622 to the HDTV? Will one from Walmart do?

HDMI 1.3 is only for sound processing by my understanding which would mean that it is just HDMI 1.0 (or maybe 1.1) as it does only DD and PCM Bitstreaming. That said any HDMI cable would work and I do not think Gbps even makes a difference.

My Samsung TV instructions state that any receiver or HDMI cable older than 1.3 could cause distorted pic/sound.

That would be a lie. Your VIP622 is sending a signal of 720p/1080i depending on your setup. HDMI 1.1 was set up with the video specifications to transmit up to 1080p. HDMI 1.1 was also designed to handle all audio formats with the exception of the high definition audio formats (1.3a) As a result HDMI 1.1 would work fine. That said almost all HDMI cables sold now are HDMI 1.3 (including the $19.99 phillips at walmart) or order from monoprice.com and get it for like $8 shipped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts