VIP 622 won't let me add any timers....

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Hi All,
Recently my 622 had forgotten all my timers. I had to manually update the guide after a hard reboot but all the scheduled timers were empty. I had to delete them all then add them back in. Trouble is the unit now says "maximum number of event timers reached" and wants me to delete before adding more. Even though I delete some I still get the same message. I have 39 timers that are on "new" only whereas before I had more than 80. Its very frustrating. Any ideas? My gut tells me the DVR is on the fritz and may need to be replaced.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Joe

A 622 can have a maximum of 96 timers, or 576 events in the daily schedule. If the receiver is capping out before hitting those numbers, it very well may be "on the fritz"

OK that makes sense. I have 38 events (programs I want to tape) but have 563 events when I go into schedule. Most of them are crossed out because they are reruns. I have all the timers set to "new". Trouble is a lot of them are shows for my kids and they replay that stuff like crazy. Is there a way I can reduce that so I can record more programs?

1: Your timers are saved ON the harddrive. If they vanished, consider that your drive is going bad, or needs to be re-formated.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-magic-hidden-commands-reformat-722-hard.html

Try to figure out which day and time the NEW shows record, and try to set some timers to "Weekly" or "Daily" instead of "New". That will really cut down on the amount of events.

IF you do a re-format, you will lose all recorded events on the internal drive and your timers again, so be aware of that. Only do one when you are ready to do it. You could transfer shows to an external drive, then format the primary drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)