VIP722Ks will not allow me to switch an external hard drive between them.

burtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
East coast of MN
Hi Everyone

I have two VIP722Ks and have always used an external 1TB hard drive on receiver #1 on my account. Last week I decided to transfer some movies from receiver #2 on my account to receiver #1 by moving the external hard drive to 2 then archiving them and sneaker net them to receiver 1. My problem occurred when I tried to connect the hard drive to receiver 2 it gives an 866 error which state that this hard drive is registered to another receiver and gives me the option to delete everything on it or cancel. I thought as long as the receivers are the same type you could move the hard drive between them. Did a Dish chat and the first line tech told me this is normal behavior which I do not believe and the second line tech said he would turn this over to the software engineers which I figure is just one way of giving me the kiss off.

Anyway long story any help?:)

Give the DIRT folks a little time. None of them appear to logged on at the moment. You can tell when they are by looking at the bottom of the Forum page...they will be in red type. When one does appear, you can PM them directly.

I swap movies/EHDs between my 722 & 722K all the time with no problem. Previously did the same with a 622 & 722. A DIRT rep should be on here later to straighten things out for you. OR find a posting from one of them, click on their name and send them a personal email. They'll respond when they see it.
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)