Vip 722 Audio/Video syncing problem w/ both live and DVR'd

nickf829

Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Luray, Va
We've had nothing but good to say about our HD setup, Vip722 with the dual TV support. Just today however, when watching live TV or prerecorded stuff, the audio and video are out of sync, and sometimes the picture freezes on a frame and doesn't progress for a few seconds, only to freeze again and repeat the freeze/progress/freeze rotation. This happened once before, and we just walked away for an hour or two with it off, and that seemed to fix it. Doing the same today, after an hour or two it went back to normal. Any ideas what could cause this?

I had problems with the audio on my 722. I am using an HDMI cable. If you are as well try changing audio setting from dolby to pcm. Sounds as though you are having some more issues but, it's worth a try.

We've had this issue off and on. It used to be really bad and then went away. I've recently seen a bit of syncing issue, but not enough to care.

When this happens I can change a setting on my TV to adjust the delay.

Yeah I can't say it's bothered me. In 2 years it has only happened twice, so thats not bad, ecspecially once you think about it as thats only once every 8700 hours and at most only lasts 1 hours after that. And yes, its run by an HDMI cable (Monster, unfortunately), but I don't think it is that, because if I go into GUIDE and thumb through the recorded DVRs, I can scroll through the list at normal speed with no clipping of the guide, its only the moving picture that clips at full size, but what is even more bizzare is if I am in guide and have the TV picture minimized in the top right corner, the live TV plays without any clipping or interuption at small size, it's only when I go back to full screen viewing that the screen clips... Very strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts