VIP 722 DVR Outside Antenna Help

Kalagjb

Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
U.S.
Hello Everyone,

Newbie needs help in setting up an outside antenna for a Dish VIP 722.My current setup is a simple
VIP 722 DVR in the living room which is HD and a second TV in the master bedroom which is SD.
I want to use the same coax cable,if possible,from the dish to the DVR and install an outside antenna
to get the locals in my area. If not to the DVR,than to the TV if that option is better, but still want to use the same coax that Dish Network uses. I lost a couple of channels after the Tribune dispute and an outside antenna is the only choice I have at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated,

You can try using a diplexer to cheat 2 signals on one cable. You will have to set it up to see how well it will work for you. You might want to try posting in Sattelite Guys OTA forum instead of the DISH forum.

Hello Everyone,

I lost a couple of channels after the Tribune dispute and an outside antenna is the only choice I have at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated,
What channels did you lose? All the tribune channels should be back up.

Thanks for the replys.
I had WPIX which I know is out of New York,but lost this channel after the dispute was settled.CW was on this channel and now I don't have it and Dish does not offer it as part of my locals.
Exactly how do I install the diplexes and where do I get them from?

When I had a couple ViP722 DVRs, back when buggy whips were all the rage, I used diplexers at one location, an extra coax at another. No PQ difference.

Try places like Solid Signal. Small metal box, half the size of a pack of cigarettes, with 2 coax in on one side, one out on the other. Clearly marked. At the TV end, just the reverse- one in, two out.

Looked behind my DVR and I see a splitter and a separator already installed, so I need a diplexer between the these two and where the coax comes through the wall,right?Also outside I need another diplexer between the dish and the ground block?

Thanks for the help,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)