VIP 722 Ends playback and skips to end of program

Train99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
NE Ohio
VIP 722 Ends playback and skips to end of program when a current timmer ends recording. Program must be restarted from begining and FF to restart point.

Software Ver L655:confused:

VIP 722 Ends playback and skips to end of program when a current timmer ends recording. Program must be restarted from begining and FF to restart point.

Software Ver L655:confused:
This has been happening to me once in a while lately too.

Kathy in Ames

Yup, happens to me as well. I was getting frustrated until if figured out what was happening and did as you suggested. I hope they fix it but it's not a show stopper for me, just a PITA.

This has happened to me several times also. Using the rewind/FF trick worked once or twice, but not the last time it happened. In that case, it simply kept jumping to the end, and I lost the end of a program I was very interested in.

I'm not sure what kind of programming glitch causes this, or even if Dish considers it a glitch. The programming anomaly may have been placed there deliberately for some unknown purpose, maybe a copy protection cue.

Regards,
Fitzie

Happened to me last night for the first time on my 722. I was watching Sons of Anarchy and it played until I had 13 minutes left, I was mad because the interruption totally ruined the climax of the episode for me. After that Ghost Labs said it was a 13h:46m HD recording(did not use that much space) I was having problems with my 722 last night but that is nothing compared to my 625 and lack of authorization tonight.

If your software version is L655, your receiver is not a 722 but rather a 722k as indicated on the front panel.

Does this happen on playback of any recording, or just when watching a recording in progress from the beginning?

If your software version is L655, your receiver is not a 722 but rather a 722k as indicated on the front panel.

Does this happen on playback of any recording, or just when watching a recording in progress from the beginning?

This happens when watching a pre recorded program and a current recording ends.

It's nine years later and my 722K still does this occasionally (i.e., the latter part of a recording is unwatchable because the dvr skips to the end when it gets to a certain point and you can't ffwd or otherwise play through the point). So much for watching last night's recorded World Series game :(

Well, the game went 18 innings and unless you baby sat the receiver it did not record until the end of the game.

PTAT only went to the top of the 10th inning.

I was over about 2:30 am Central time - Seven hours twenty minutes.

Last edited:
Do I understand correctly?
Example...
You set recorder to record from 8:00-9:00PM. At say 8:20, you start to watch the recording. Then at 9:00PM when the recording stops, the recording you're watching skips to the end?? Is the remaining show gone/missing--so you're recording is, say, only 35 minutes in length? ..or is it there but you just have to <<- and ->> until you get to the point to watch again?

Have you tried switching between single TV mode (where you can have PiP) vs dual TV mode (where TV2 out can be different than TV1)?? I wonder if that makes any difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts