ViP 722 keeps restarting

esblair

Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Georgia
Help,
Our ViP722 keeps retarting and shutting down and restarting. It goes through setup and downloads the program guide and goes to normal veiwing and a few seconds later it shuts down. I looked at the themp and it's 127 in the Hard Drive. This is the second one we've gotten from Dish Network after the first one had similar problems. It wasn't restarting, just shutting down and only the green light under TV1 works. I'm very confused. It is on it's own shelf in the cabinet, which we leave open now, so I thinkn it has sufficient circulation. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

It's probably another bad receiver BUT there is something you might try. I've had 722s restart before when I accidently shorted the coax when checking connections....it seems that in some cases the 722 will restart if the coax shorts so you MIGHT have a bad connection somewhere in the line. Try this, after it downloads the guide, take the coax OFF the dp splitter that feeds the receiver. If it doesn't restart but just stays one the 0 of 5 screen then you probably have a bad spot in the coax or bad lnb.....then it will be time to call in the experts which ideally would be a retailer with experience.

Typically, restart behavior has two indications;

With the 722 it could be heat. Far too common on this model. Is the box hotter than other electronic equipment? Can you put your hand on it comfortably without getting burned? If it is too hot this is the problem.

The other re-boot behavior is electrical.

It results from either improper home wiring (hot and neutral wires reversed), or a faulty surge protector. Monster power products are the only brand name that I can tell you to watch out for. I've had more Monster power product problems than all the "no name" surge protectors combined.

HI,

I am having similiar issues with my 722, and have researched both the coax and receivers. I have it plugged directly into the wall. I need to constantly unplug the receiver to reset it.

Are there other solutions or things I should look for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts