VIP 722 Lease Unit Lots of Dish Questions

moparmaniac

Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Hey guys, I've got a lot of questions...hoping some of you can help us out.

1. I'm still with Dish under ATT...any way to get out of their umbrella and direct with Dish?

2. We are not under contract, is there anything we can do to get better pricing? Right now we have the 200 Channel Pkg with Locals, HD DVR and the HD channels, no Premiums and it's $72 a month I believe.

Our local cable co is offering until the 21st a 3 pack with DVR for $75+tax a month for the first year and 110+tax a month for the 2nd year. This is VOIP phone, cable and 15mb internet.

With ATT we're paying about $150 for dish, phone, and 6mb internet.

I like dish and really don't care for cable but seems like too good of an offer to pass up.

3. Last week our DVR went off randomly and restarted. Since then it's probably restarted 20 times. Majority of the time it's when we're not watching TV, and a few times it froze up and restarted when watching tv.

Also the other night I had the Nascar race recording. Come home and there are 88 nascar recordings...I open it up and it was recording the race 1 minute at a time!

I think it's about to give up the ghost, but would like to make sure first before I make any moves with Dish....any way to diagnose the problem? Any codes or anything?

Between that and the Cable pricing, I feel I'm in a good position to negotiate.

Help me out guys!

Thanks,
Mike

I would find someone who has your local cable companies DVR and try it. I have yet to see a box that is close to as good as Dish, but it's possible. My sister had a Tivo and a few features drove me crazy and that is considered one of the best. What HD package do you have? If it's NOT platinum, you can sign up for HD free for life and immediately save $10/mo. with a 24 mo. contract, paperless billing and autopay.

You most likely have the OTA tuner on a weak station or plural for 722k. This causes a lost signal message that can mess up satellite recording, as well. Even if you have 2 satellite signals on the 2 tuners the OTA tuner is still active. So select some continuous, strong signal and then select the satellite one. Do it for each input. (To be sure you do not have OTA problems add only strong signals to the OTA selection.)

You will have to decide if bundling is for you, you seem doubtful but want to save money. Expect major termination fees.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)