Vip 722: Moving TV2 to another room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barrance

Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
California
I currently have a 722 receiver connected to an HD TV in the living room. The TV2 feed used to go to one bedroom, but now I want to move it to the master bedroom. The house is wired for cable, but it wasn't built in, so there's a cable box outside that has 5 cables coming out of the box and feeding into the house (1 for each room).

Is my swap as simple as finding the cable that corresponds to the master bedroom and connecting the UHF/VHF feed from the outside diplexer to it?

No. The TV2 coax on the back of the receiver goes to your bedroom. So you need to find a place to tie that in with a two way splitter. One in from receiver and two out, a line to each bedroom.

Actually, the TV2 coax from the back of the receiver goes back outside somehow through another diplexer. There is no cable that goes from the receiver directly to TV2. Currently, TV2 in the BR get's its signal somehow from the existing wall cable, which is fed in from the Comcast box outside.

Yes, IF TV2 out is being back-fed (via diplexer) through the sat line to receiver and there is another diplexer at the cable box. (which you already confirmed while I was typing/confirming this.:))

Perfect! Got it all set up. It was just a simple swap of the coax outside. The question now is can I split the TV2 signal so that it runs to a second bedroom?

Perfect! Got it all set up. It was just a simple swap of the coax outside. The question now is can I split the TV2 signal so that it runs to a second bedroom?

Yes. Get a good quality splitter (ie...Holland, Tru Spec, Regal), not from Radio Shack or Home Depot, Lowes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts