How to answer this question on Dish application questions?

LookingInto

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
USA
1. I prefer a job that is around people, but that does not require me to interact with people.

2. How discouraged do you become when you make mistatkes?

3. If hired for this job, how long do you expect to stay with the organization? (I guess the longer the better? More than 3 years?)

4. When work is slow, I prefer to:

5. I don't like working under time pressure.

Last edited:
Also, after I finished the matching same shapes, if I quit do I have to do the shape-matching all over again when I start? Or will it start with the questions that test your intelligence with questions like How many defective parts were produced on Thursday, per hour? (from the chart)

I am not sure DIRT can even help with that one, real talk. To the first post, answer them honestly (the best policy right?) would be my initial reaction. To the second post, I don't remember the test. It seems like that was so very long and so many THOUSANDS of customers ago that I took it.

On a humorous note, you could counter the question about defective parts with a question: 'DISH does not make defective parts, so why is this even applicable?' (hey, it could help) or a more logical 'Wouldn't one assume the defective ones were made on Monday or Friday? Monday people drag about, Friday people want Miller time!' I am totally kidding about that, for real.

Last edited:
I would answer the questions honestly as possible. Remember for the most part being a dish tech is a high pressure position. You will be held accountable for every thing in an account. Example: if a customer get a new TV after you install a system and can't hook it up properly it becomes your responsibility. So the questions are geared to filter out the person who is not able to take the pressure of the job.

Tony you are brave even addressing this post. One would think you are risking a Charlie initiated "smack down" from your "superiors." We seem to like you on this forum and would miss you greatly if you were unexpectedly shipped off to Siberia :).

Apparently, WalMart does something similar. A friend of mine who recently got laid off applied there and took their "Pre-Employment Assessment Test". He said it dealt mostly with customer and employee relations. He later told me he didn't pass the test with a high enough score, or as I told him, "You failed it".

I thought his response was humorous. He said he took a look around at some of the employees there and said to the manager, "You'll hire them, but not ME???" *

* No offense intended to any current or former WalMart employees.;)

I failed the online application.

Thank you for taking our online assessment and your interest in employment with DISH Network. At this time, we are pursuing candidates who more closely fit the requirements of this position. Please feel free to take this assessment again in 180 days.

Could I just sign up as a different email address and then apply again?

did it ask any other information about you other than email address? if not... i won't tell if others won't tell..
The uplink engineering test sure does, but don't know about installer only. With the ENG test once you start it you have to finish it w/in 48 hrs or else. I took that one several years ago when getting out of Eng school and it even had a couple of questions that not even my profs could answer.

If you failed sure wouldn't want you to install at my house.
I wouldn't care that the installer had a bubbly personallity and acted like I was the sole other human being on this planet.. so long as he/she installed everything right, answered as best as able any questions I'd have.. the rest is just company politics trying to out-think the position ... like they've done anything worth a damn on other parts of their business? ... sorry state having to worry about a personality aspect that can grow to be better over time.. if that is of course what failed our OP .. now if our OP failed because he/she thought it was ok to stick a wet finger in an electrical socket, then maybe the failure is ok to have happen O:) just tryin' to make you laugh a little O.P. don't let it get you down ..

I like how may of the questions on those test aren't assessing what they seem to on the face of it. For example, a question involving honesty is really about conflict resolution, etc. A few questions are pretty good, but most often they really can be aced by anyone with only two brain cells functioning, but these big companies pay big money for this brand of snake oil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)