Needing to transfer to East Arc, couple questions..

That was my view too but there are folks here alot smarter than me so asking. So there's no way that I was locked onto 110 and 119 but my VIP shows 119 and 129? Just weird both my Dish 500 and 1000+ showed the same thing. I have to go back to square 1 and do like Jim5506 suggested......thanks
If you had been locked onto 119 with the correct LNB on the 1000+, then you also would have found signal from 118.7 since that LNB is designed for both types of signal. The other LNB's would not be able to find the 118.7 satellite.

Also, it is important to note that once the Check Switch locks onto a specific set of satellites (in your case 119 and 129) those are the only satellites that the signal strength screen will register, unless you do another Check Switch. So, it is important to do a Check Switch with nothing connected to your receiver first, to clear out the previous results. Then, you need to get the dish aimed in as close to the proper direction as possible before doing another Check Switch. At that point, the Check Switch should find all of the satellites, and you can use the signal strength screen to peak the strength from there. To find the exact settings (azimuth, elevation, and skew) for your specific dish model and location, you can use dishpointer.com and select Dish 1000+ under Multi-LNB Setups.

Well I'm not a happy camper. I have had the Dish 1000+ setup in numerous places including next to my present dish and not had good results and I think today I discovered why. If you don't remember a few weeks ago my Dish 1000+ setup on my antenna pole fell over in the wind and broke my LNB's. I ordered a new one and today when trying to get sats in the Check Switch I did a good look at the dish. Seems during the fall it bent the whole dish so it is not shaped in the correct arc. So at this point it seems I am hosed using this setup. There is no way for me to straighten the dish that I know of, I should have noticed this after the mishap. If it isn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all...lol

I took the antenna off the pole to get a better look at it and it seems the largest issue looking more closely is the LNB arm is bent some. Makes sense as it fell on the LNB assembly so gonna remove the arm and see if it can be straightened at all. I'm assuming, and I know what that means, the LNB arm should be coming out from the antenna at 90 degrees. I have the skew set to 90 so the antenna is straight and the arm is not coming out at 90 degrees. So I will see where I can take this now......

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat
20210721_105731_HDR.jpg

So here is what the LNB arm looks like, don't think it's supposed to lean like that. Gonna see if I can straighten it as I don't think it's aimed very well at the sats huh??

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well here's my day. I did my best to straighten the LNB arm, used a square to make it extend 90 degrees from the dish. Installed the LNB assembly again with the 129 side dish and mounted on my tripod. Set it up next to my present setup, leveled and set elevation and skew. Got my monitor and VIP-211K going and did a check switch twice and got no signal. Come on man what the heck!!! I have a small inline signal meter to get it close. It was time for dinner so I shut everything down wondering what to do next. Seeing as tho it's next to my setup I can compare azimuth and sure looked very similar. So after dinner I go back and figure let me adjust a few things, so I change the elevation up slowly and my signal meter starts really churping. And then before even doing another check switch my signal on the VIP showed up for 119. Well now we're talking so I did the check switch and now have 110, 118, 119, 129 finally!!! After some finer tuning I had a decent signal on all, 129 improved my signal for sure. Now I know this works, gonna try this setup out where I think I have a better view. But may just put this on my present pole and see what happens. I know it will be easier to fine tune as the pole is solid and my tripod is pretty solid but does move. So there you go, persistence has paid off, was close to packing it up and giving up.....thanks for all who have given advice and kept me going. I'll LYK after I get this setup more permanently..

Well here's my day. I did my best to straighten the LNB arm, used a square to make it extend 90 degrees from the dish. Installed the LNB assembly again with the 129 side dish and mounted on my tripod. Set it up next to my present setup, leveled and set elevation and skew. Got my monitor and VIP-211K going and did a check switch twice and got no signal. Come on man what the heck!!! I have a small inline signal meter to get it close. It was time for dinner so I shut everything down wondering what to do next. Seeing as tho it's next to my setup I can compare azimuth and sure looked very similar. So after dinner I go back and figure let me adjust a few things, so I change the elevation up slowly and my signal meter starts really churping. And then before even doing another check switch my signal on the VIP showed up for 119. Well now we're talking so I did the check switch and now have 110, 118, 119, 129 finally!!! After some finer tuning I had a decent signal on all, 129 improved my signal for sure. Now I know this works, gonna try this setup out where I think I have a better view. But may just put this on my present pole and see what happens. I know it will be easier to fine tune as the pole is solid and my tripod is pretty solid but does move. So there you go, persistence has paid off, was close to packing it up and giving up.....thanks for all who have given advice and kept me going. I'll LYK after I get this setup more permanently..
Good to hear you got it working with all the problems you encountered.. Sometimes you have to walk away and come back with a clear mind..I do that quite often with the wife.. LoL

So today I took my setup to more of an open area and got lock for all 4 sats almost immediately. So it seems realigning the LNB arm has made this act as it should. So maybe this weekend will get the confidence to replace my 1000.2 with the 1000+.

I do have a question tho, it seems I am getting good readings on odd channels and not as good on even channels on 110, 119, and 129. I forget to check 118. Does this have some significance to some setting, I tried adjusting skew and azimuth but didn't change much? Again this is with the heavy antenna on a tripod so not exactly perfect setup......It was level as close as I can get it.

I do have a question tho, it seems I am getting good readings on odd channels and not as good on even channels on 110, 119, and 129.
The even channels are the ones stacked at a higher frequency. So... if there is some attenuation in the cable, it will most likely occur to the higher frequencies.

I do have a question tho, it seems I am getting good readings on odd channels and not as good on even channels on 110, 119, and 129. I forget to check 118. Does this have some significance to some setting, I tried adjusting skew and azimuth but didn't change much? Again this is with the heavy antenna on a tripod so not exactly perfect setup......It was level as close as I can get it.
How low are the reading on the even channels? If you're able to get cable ends, I'd recommend cutting back about 10 inches on each side of the RG6 cable and putting a new connector end on. This has fixed it for me on jobs where I got low signal on evens. Although, if your signal isn't much below that of the odd, it should not affect your viewing.

Also, this thread has been very interesting to read though.

Reactions: TheKrell and bcsman
Yes interesting read but kinda frustrating for me...lol It's certainly been a roller coaster ride for me, but it's a learning experience....

So had a few other projects going on, and honestly dreading continuing this upgrade, I got back to it yesterday. I did one check of the 1000+ on my antenna pole and got all 4 sats so decided to proceed. I removed the existing 1000.2 and replaced with the 1000+ then aimed, got a signal on 119 and tweaked things for the best signal. Then did a check switch and only got 3 sats, minus 129. Did a few more things and still only 3 sats. Replaced the single LNB in case it quit working and only 3 sats. Played around with it for abit then gave up and put the 1000.2 back on. Figured I would give it a go one more time today, setup the 1000+ on the antenna pole right next to existing and only got 3 sats again. I just about gave up and left it for lunch giving it some thought. I remember someone, maybe on this thread, saying it helps to do a check switch with no cable attached so I said what can it hurt! Left it figuring it was gonna take awhile and came back no sats. So I realigned to get 119 and peaked the signal. I did another check switch and I'll be darned got all 4 sats. I dont know if just aligned it better or doing the check switch cleared everything and helped. So I figured I would replace the 1000.2 again while it was working and started getting good signal right away. I never did another check switch as the 4 sats were still in memory, so I tweaked with a pretty decent signal on all 4 sats and tightened down. I then went inside and check switch my VIP-211K, grabbed all 4 sats , did the guide and we are good. Will see how it goes next rain....

Attachments

• 20210807_165808.jpg
    20210807_165808.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 96
It never ends, discovered not getting an HD picture on some channels, only getting a signal on the odd transponders. Did everything I could think of and not a budge for the evens. So took it back off and put the 1000.2 back on and it gets odd and even. So cabling is not the issue as the same cable was attached to both dishes. Only thing I can think of is the LNB isnt switching internally. Also thought I will try the other 2 outputs on the 500+ LNB, only tried #1 so far. Is it possible to get a great signal on the odd transponders and nothing on the evens with alignment? I peaked for the best signal, I know the evens may not be as strong but 0 signal doesnt cut it!! I have to setup my temp pole again, not sure if 129 is the only problem or all 4 sats.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts