VIP 722 Newbie Remote question

fharris770

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Georgia
New to the 722 equipment but lots of experience with a 508 and 510. I just upgraded to the 722. Finally up an running fine after one no show install and the second installer knowing less than me about the equipment and not a clue how to interface with my home distribution wiring. But I managed to get it all hooked up fine myself after he left.

I purchased a second "set" of remotes off E-Bay. One is the 5.3 IR remote (TV 1) with Green chip that does not come out and is not reversible - Green #1 not Black #1) and the other is the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remote (TV2 ) with Blue chip and can reverse to Black Chip. These remotes are identical to the remotes that came with my 722 and they both function fine at present.

I am running in DUAL mode and have several TV's thoroughout the house that I view with the coax output inabled for both TV 1 and TV 2 using two different "cable" channels so I can simply toggle between the two tuners any time I want.

Now I want to be able to control TV 1 with the second TV 2 remote (Blue chip with Black 2 reversable to Black chip that is just labeled UHF). Is this possible. I sent Dish tech support e-mails twice regarding the procedure and got two different responses, neither of which seem to work.

I see lots of threads regarding this process, but I am somewhat confused by the differing advice on the "chips" ie: Green with green1, green with black1, Black. Any clarification would be helpful.

Also, if I am successful changing TV1 tuner to UHF will the old Green IR remote still control TV 1 when in the same room?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I already see much better feedback here than you can get from DISH tech support.

Call Dish and purchase the new 2.0 remote, $20.00 Will do what you want and a lot more, since it is a learning remote.

Thanks for info, but...

Thanks for the info on the new remote. I may well do that, but, since I have a "spare" blue chip #2 remote I am still interested in converting it and TV1 to UHF.

I read somewhere in the forum that what is needed is a Green Chip with a Black #1. Will this do the trick for my spare remote? If so, will Dish Network give or sell me just the corrrect chip?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts