Cleaning up program guide

mocheesehead

Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Maryville, MO
Hello All,

I am a new Dish customer with the "Top 250" with the "Gold HD" add on. I am trying to clean out some of the extraneous channel gack (certain ppv's, sports, religious, etc). I've figured out how to create a favorites list and how to access it, but my problem is, is that some of the channel acronyms are so cryptic that I have no idea to keep or chuck, same thing with channel numbers. I was given a channel list by the installer, plus I can go online and get one, but the problem is the channel acronyms aren't given in the list...that's what I need

Hopefully this makes sense and I appreciate the help!

Pat

Yeah, some of the acronyms aren't helpful. I think you'll just need to go by the numbers. Or do you mean you can't find a channel list with names instead of acronyms? In that case, try EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial) (but I hope you have a portable computer handy, because it's a little long to print...)

Thanks for the replies! I't actually be nice if there was a list with the acronyms AND the names.

Well...I've got it mostly straightened out, but I do not have a whole slew of sports channels I'm supposed to get, ie, 439-410. I'll be contacting CS shortly!

One final, "You know what would be nice", would be the option to export your favorites. You could spend quite a bit of time crafting the perfect list...sort of like a mix tape...it would be nice to have a back up!

thanks again,
Pat

I could swear they said that the new generation of remote controls would be able to store your receiver settings. Looking at the menus, it sounds like the receiver will store the remote settings, but I don't see anything about going the other way. But maybe the software isn't even finished yet, because I don't see any way to even get to that screen through the regular menus, just hitting "menu" twice and then "next".

Your new install and equipment should have come with a Dish Network list of channels that is in EVERY STB box. Did your installer not leave the many brochure-like material with you? Dish has quite a bit and very well done info in every new STB box especially designed for new customers? If not, download from the link at the earlier post, or go to the Dish Network website and download all the info that should have been presented to you by the installer.

Yes, the installer left all of the brochures with the channel data, in fact I think he did a marvelous job!! The thing is, is that there is way more channels on the box than there are listed on any brochure or web page...with the possible exception of Jim's list:up. Simply reconciling the two lists has been quite challenging but will become easier as I get more familiar with the "Dish way"!

Thanks again,
Pat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts