Newbie Installer 1000.4 Questions

Celltech123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Missouri
Hi evryone, I am new to this site and a new Installer. Just when you think you are starting to feel comfortable, everything changes. I am doing my first "eastern arc" install. In Missouri.

I cant get the 72.5 or 77 to show up on check switch. My boss says I need to download the new software before I will see either of them. But instructions say to peak on 72.5.

Can I peak the dish on 61.5? If I do will I then be able to take the download?

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Hi evryone, I am new to this site and a new Installer. Just when you think you are starting to feel comfortable, everything changes. I am doing my first "eastern arc" install. In Missouri.

I cant get the 72.5 or 77 to show up on check switch. My boss says I need to download the new software before I will see either of them. But instructions say to peak on 72.5.

If 61.5 shows up in the test switch, go ahead and OK and get the download. Then do a test switch again. Hopefully 72.5 and 77 will then show up.

That's similar to what some 722's and 622's with older software occasionally do with the 1000.2 dish around here. The 129 sometimes doesn't show up until after the software download.

yeah yeah yeah....ok here's the scoop. when you connect a meter to a DPP lnb, you're geting signal from all satellites. So when you peak you're getting sig from 61./72.7 and 77
Hit the 61.5 or the 72.7 and toou'll be fine...Run the initial chk switch. On 722's it will fail showing only thr 61.5..Run the download. Then run chk switcdh again.. Activate programming. Then run another chk switch and let program guide load again. You're all square after that.

Awesome Guys,
Peaked in on 61.5.
Took a very long check switch(but I trusted your wisdom and waited it out.)
My install went like a dream you guys Rock!!

Thanks again

Awesome Guys,
Peaked in on 61.5.
Took a very long check switch(but I trusted your wisdom and waited it out.)
My install went like a dream you guys Rock!!

Thanks again

I have not had a Dish Network install that can be called a "D.R.E.A.M." unless you nod off during all of the downloads, checkswitches, and memory programming. :D

Then again, I am just a bitter old installer who remembers when you could plug a directv box into a dish and activate it 30 seconds later.

Program guide on 722 missing a LARGE amount of information.

Cleaning up program guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)