ViP 722 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vincekorn

Original poster
May 13, 2010
Chicago
Can I make two HD connections to the ViP 722 receiver? A 1080i TV would utilize the HDMI connection, and a 720p TV would utilize the component video output connection (with the stereo audio connection for sound).

With this configuration, could I watch different programs on each TV? Could I watch recorded programs on the second TV? Would the second (UHF) remote work on the second TV?

I would prefer not to downgrade the second TV to SD, and I would really like to be able to watch recorded programs on the second TV. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Vince

You'll see the same everything on both TVs.

One problem I notice though. If one TV is only 1080i and the other is only 720p you're out of luck. Got to choose one or the other, hopefully both TVs support it.

One or both TV's should be able to handle the other HD resolution.

Most 1080i TV's will up-convert 720p to 1080i and most 720p TV's will down-convert 1080i to 720p.

And the UHF remote will be able to change the channel (albeit on both TVs) from another room?

Thanks again!

Sure, in single mode OR pick up another UHF remote--one for TV1 (HD) and another for TV2(SD). Then if the need arises to have independent viewing in dual mode the 2nd TV could still do that, in SD of course. You'd just have to change the TV1 setup to UHF/IR to do this. In single mode you just leave things as they are.

Ed

The 2nd TV would be hooked up to both coax for SD on whatever channel it's setup for AND via either HDMI or component/audio cables for HD on the appropriate input of the TV.

Last edited:
Then if the need arises to have independent viewing in dual mode the 2nd TV could still do that, in SD of course.

Would that require a separate connection from the ViP 722 receiver? Our house came pre-wired with coaxial cable, and right now the same cable that is split into the two SATELLITE IN jacks is also connected to the HOME DISTRIBUTION jack:

SATELLITE - HOUSE COAX - SPLIT TO HOME DISTRIBUTION - SPLIT TO 2 SATELLITE IN

So will I need to run extra RCA cables? Or can I just hook up the TV to the pre-wired coaxial cable (in other words, will the pre-wired coaxial cable transmit both the inbound signals from the satellites and the outbound signal from the receiver)? Thanks so much for your help!

You'd continue to use the existing coax as is for SD and independent viewing. To view HD in single mode or on the TV1 tuner, YES you need to run additional cabling from the receiver to that 2nd TV. Either HDMI (one larger cable) or component (red/blue/green video and red white RCA audio cables). Usually it's simpler to run the HDMI to the remote TV and use component/audio cables to the TV by the receiver. All the receivers' TV1 outputs are "hot" @ the same time.
Hope this helps.

Ed

For cables go to monoprice. com . Great prices, fast shipping & excellent service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)