VIP 722 Remote Chip question

fharris770

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 5, 2009
Georgia
I requested a Green tab with a Black 1 from Dish to convert a spare Vip 722 TV2 remote (6.3 IR/UHF PRO) from TV2 to TV1 UHF. I need to do this as I have two HD TV's. One is in a family room and connected with HDMI cable and one is in my office and connected with a composit cable run.

Dish sent me a packet of 4 chips. Two are green with black #!. Chips and tabs appear to be the same (tabs shaped the same).

Only apparent difference is one green chip has two solid green tabs while on the other green chip the left tab is green with a black stripe.

The chip with all green tabs reverses to solid silver with no number or logo. The chip with the green/black tab reverses to solid green with a green #!.

There must be some specific difference with the chips, can someone please enlighten me.
:confused:
Thanks

Skibum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2008
Bozeman, MT
The difference is the spacing of the V-shaped gaps at the top of the keys. Most keys have an offset gap that positions the little switch in the remote in a certain way. Look at the little slot that the key slides into, you should see what I'm talking about. Looking at that switch with the remote facing up, the far left position puts the remote in IR mode. The far right position puts the remote in UHF Band A mode. The middle position (which you likely want for TV1 UHF) would put the remote in UHF Band B mode. You might try the key where the V gap is right in the middle of the key.

Note: I THINK this is true for that remote. It's been some time since I've had to play with a 722's TV1 UHF mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)