VIP 722 says it is trying to aquire signal, but it isn't.

vaylon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
virginia
For the past couple of weeks I have been having my signals drop out and the message saying "acquiring satellite signal" comes up.
At first I thought it was the weather but after so many times I began to notice something. Whenever the "ASS" message appears, if I hit the guide button the show comes on in the preview box. then just go back to the show and it works fine for about 15 minutes. Then it does it again.
But last night I was watching "house" and it did it while I was recording it. I got aggravated and walked away and started playing with my computer. Then a while later I went back to see what it recorded of the show and it recorded the entire show perfect. The entire time it was recording it showed the "ass" message on the screen.
Also just a little while ago I started watching NCIS.
I set both TV1 and TV2 to the same channel, TV1 is giving me the "ASS" message but TV2 is working fine.

I have done the resets, and sometimes they work for a little while. I also have the latest software updates.

Any suggestions?

This is my 3rd 722 and it will kill me to have to loose all my recorded shows, if I have to have them send me another one.:(

I know you don't want to hear this, but to save your recordings if you enable external hard drive you can transfer them all to a drive and then put them back on your new receiver. Maybe you could get E* to waive the fee because you have had so many issues? Worth a shot anyway, all they can say is no. If they do it is $40 one time fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)